The Archdiocese of Milwaukee has a commitment to excellence and continued school improvement that ensures the best learning possible for our Catholic elementary and high school students. The Exemplary Recognition Program, based on the National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools,* honors schools that have demonstrated innovation and outstanding results in one of the following categories:
- Academic Excellence
- Educating the Whole Student
- Mission and Catholic Identity
No one who lights a lamp conceals it with a vessel or sets it under a bed; rather, he places it on a lampstand so that those who enter may see the light. Luke 8: 16
Schools chosen to receive Exemplary Recognition display outstanding achievement in one of the areas above, as demonstrated by information provided in the online application and data validated by an onsite visiting team.
General Program Outline:
- Information for the Exemplary Recognition Program is available on the Schools’ page of the Archdiocesan website.
- Schools seeking Exemplary Recognition must be fully accredited.
- Completed application narratives are due to the Office for Schools no later than the end of January in the application school year.
- All application narratives will be reviewed by the Office for Schools. If a school demonstrates exemplary status in a qualifying area, it will be selected for a site visit to validate the data submitted. Site visits take place in the spring of the application school year.
- Award winners will be announced in early June of the application school year.
- Awards are valid for 5 years.
DOWNLOAD COMPLETE PROGRAM OVERVIEW
*The National Standards and Benchmarks for Effective Catholic Elementary and Secondary Schools, Center for Catholic School Effectiveness, School of Education, Loyola University Chicago, in partnership with the Barbara and Patrick Roche Center for Catholic Education, Lynch School of Education, Boston College (2012).